Sunday, January 8, 2012

some beautiful pictures of beautiful times: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1604067186844.2040238.1391040171&type=1&l=38f366780f

in other news, it is still dark, which bugs me. And it's always tough pulling yourself out of the holiday daze, and I've felt it in particular this year - again, I believe that the light (or lack thereof) is no small factor in that. So I don't mean to give a false impression that my Juneau life is all sunshine. It is simply one that is filled with a lot of blessings, but of course a lot of challenges too. I was away from my family for the holidays. It is perpetually dark and dreary, even in the daytime. I am feeling a bit burnt out from working at my service placement, as nearly and dearly as I truly love it there. My community is a wonderful, unfiltered family, and all that such a word implies. But there's a lot to be happy about, too. :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Liz,

    I just wrote a huge blog comment to you that was promptly eaten up by Google. Sigh. The long and short -- when I lived in Juneau from 2004-2006, I wrote my own Juneau Journal at the same web address as this (I worked at the playhouse you mentioned in a post) -- and so many of your discoveries and joys and challenges are exactly what I wrote about. It sounds like the work you do is amazing -- hang in there -- the light gets better! If you ever want to chat about all things Juneau, please drop a note -- sdenhardt at hotmail dot com.
    All the best,
    Sarah D.

    ReplyDelete